Have you tried Crabs in Sinigang sa Bayabas? Ansarap na healthy pa..you can also do it with other seafood like Sinigang na alimasag and prawns..or add a some fave fish too..mmmm! Cook it with fresh bayabas, tomatoes, or sampaloc fruit for the best sinigang recipe ever. Fresh is always the best choice.
Sinigang na Alimasag sa Bayabas
1 kilo alimasag or crabs (or alimango)
1 medium labanos/radish, sliced
1 bunch kangkong, trimmed
1 eggplant, sliced
5 pieces okra, sliced crosswise
1 large size tomato, cut into wedges
1 medium size onion, cut into wedges
500g bayabas (guava)
2-3 pieces siling haba (long green chilis)
6 cups hugas bigas/rice washing (or water)
salt to taste
1. Preparation for Guava/Bayabas: Boil peeled guavas in a pot. Mash it using a strainer to get the juice. Set it aside.
2. Boil 6 cups of water in a large pot over medium to low heat. Toss in the tomato and onion and simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Then, add in the other ingredients like eggplant, radish and okra. Let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. You may now add in crabs. Simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the guava juice and adjust to your sour preference.
5. Finally, add in your kangkong, green chilis. Season with salt to taste and simmer additional 2 minutes.
You may add siling labuyo for a spicy sinigang! Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send od photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.