Holiday season is here! You can definitely make your own homemade lechon belly. This is the most simple yet amazing way to prepare a budget approve feast. Just enough for the whole family. Affordable but guaranteed to be the best for any feast!
For an authentic recipe of Lechon Sauce try this recipe.
Happy cooking and Happy Holidays!
How to make Lechon Belly
2 kilos pork belly, wash and clean
4 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
For brining pork belly:
5 cups water
1 stalk lemon grass (tanglad)
1 stalk onion leeks
2 pieces bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon peppercorn
3-5 tablespoons rock salt
For Belly stuff:
2 stalks lemongrass (tanglad)
2 stalks onion leeks (optional)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 white onions, quartered
3 tbsp fresh milk
2 tablespoons oil
1. In a shallow large pot, stir all brine ingredients listed above. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Let it cool and set aside.
2. Transfer the pork belly in big container with cover and let it soak in the brine overnight inside the refrigerator.
3. Drain pork belly from the brine and pat dry the skin with a clean towel or paper towel.
4. Spread the pork belly and rub it all over with salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the stuffing in the center of the belly. Then roll the belly into a cylinder shape. Seal and tie with a twine. Tie it around to cover all sides of the rolled belly.
6. Brush the surface with your glaze mixture all over the belly before wrapping it up with aluminum foil.
7. Cook in a preheated turbo broiler for about (355°F) or 180°C for 2 hours.
8. After 1 hour or in between cooking time, deglaze it again with your leftover glaze mixture.
9. Continue roasting for another hour until the skin becomes so crispy outside. Toast the outside skin for additional 10 minutes without the foil to achieve a beautiful golden red look of lechon. This may mean a lot of work and be careful not to burn your skin and use the necessary tools to help you in cooking.
10. Drain from oil after cooking.
Mama’s cooking tip: To make it super crunchy skin, you can use a torch to slightly toast the top of the skin and make it crackle.
Chop and serve with your favorite Lechon Sauce.
Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Match it with a simple and delicious gravy sauce!
Credits LeaRose Geacaniga
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.