This chocolate cake recipe is simple and classic recipe you can make. It’s a good starter if you’re just learning how to bake. Yummy and fail proof chocolate cake. Happy baking!
Mama’s Chocolate Cake Recipe
For the cake:
1 cup plain flour
1 ¾ cups caster sugar
⅔ cups cocoa powder
1½ tsp baking powder
1½ tsp baking soda
1 cup (250ml) evaporated milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (250ml) boiling water
For the chocolate icing:
1 cup plain chocolate (200g)
200ml heavy cream or whipping cream (**Anchor, Emborg, Arla brands and never use all purpose cream)
1. Grease and line two 20cm/8in round pan.
2. For the cake: In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the cake ingredients, except for the boiling water.
3. Next, pour the boiling water in the mixture, little by little until it becomes smooth. (Don’t worry if the cake mixture is a bit runny.)
4. Divide the cake batter between the pan and bake in preheated oven of 180°C for 25-35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
5. Turn off oven and remove the cakes from the oven. Let it cool completely and set aside.
6. For the chocolate icing: In a shallow sauce pan, melt the chocolate and cream over a lowest heat, stir until smooth. Don’t over heat the chocolate.
7. Remove the pan from heat immediately when chocolate is already melted. Continue whisking the chocolate mixture until smooth, glossy and thickened. Set aside and let it cool for about 1 or 2 hours. Let it become thick until smooth and spreadable in consistency but not runny.
8. Cake Assembly: Run a knife around the inside of the cake pan to loosen up the sides. Gently flip over the cake pan into a plate and transfer.
9. Spoon a little chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cake, then carefully top with the other cake.
10. Transfer the cake to a cake stand and frost the cake all over with the chocolate icing, using a palette knife.
Serve. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.