Leche Flan Recipe
The secret to making a perfect leche flan
This Leche Flan Special Recipe is the traditional way of cooking Leche flan. So smooth, creamy and delicious, just like our grand mothers leche flan. Although there are numerous versions of this recipe. Nothing can beat the Filipino style recipe of Leche flan. Just the way our Granny’s will do it.
What’s your secret to a perfectly smooth leche flan?
Leche Flan Special Recipe
• 10 pieces of raw eggs
• 1 small can of condensed milk
• 1 cup of fresh or evaporated milk
• ½ cup of white sugar
• ½ tsp of vanilla extract
For the caramel:
• 1 cup of sugar
• 4 pieces of calamansi (optional)
• 3 tablespoon of water
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Prepare two bowls, one for yolks and one for egg whites. Crack each egg in the center, and leave the yolks in the first half of the shell, and transfer the yolk on the other shell to dispel the egg white. 2nd technique: is to use slotted spoon to separate egg yolks from white. Crack all the raw eggs one by one and separate the yolks from the egg white using a perforated spoon (Sandok na may mga holes sa gitna). We will only use the yolks. Place all yolks into a bowl. 1st technique is my best suggestion.
2. Gently beat the egg yolks. Gradually pour the condensed milk and vanilla extract as you beat. Next, pour fresh milk and sugar. Continue to beating until well combined and smooth. Continue mixing until the desired consistency is achieved and there should be less bubbles. These big bubbles will become holes on your flan when cooked.
3. Transfer into another bowl and strain. This will lessen the big bubbles on your mixture. You want to achieve a smooth texture.
4. Prepare the caramel by boiling a small amount of water in a saucepan. Lower heat when brown sugar is added. Continuously stir until sugar caramelizes. You may put calamansi to enhance flavor while others would put a little coffee powder. (It is just optional). Immediately pour the syrup into the llaneras. Set aside and let it cool.
5. For steaming: Transfer the egg and milk mixture into each llanera. Make sure to cover each with aluminum foil and cook using a steamer for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Set aside to let cool before refrigerating. Refrigerate for hours before unmolding. Once cool you can unmold it into a serving plate. Just a tip: A cooled leche flan can be unmolded perfectly once cooled and not while its still hot.
Water should be boiling when you start steaming the leche flan mixture. Adjust heat to low, so as not to over cook your leche flan. Always cover your steamer with clean cloth or foil before covering steamer to prevent water drippings.
We have tons of Leche Flan Recipes! Go ahead and check all the recipe versions that may fit your taste. Here’s another recipe you may eant to try.
#mamasguide #mamasguidehome #happycooking
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest. Do you plan to try it for your family or for simple business venture? Have you tried any of our recipes?Let us know! 🙂