Juicy duck with prizzed flavorful skin, in its own drippings. Sweet Savoury Roast Duck!
This takes time to make, as you need to overnight in the refrigerator.
Also, Maltose or malt sugar is the key ingredient that gives sweetness and a lacquered caramel glaze to the skin. Find it in Chinese food stores.
Chinese Style Roast Duck
1 tbsp Fermented red tofu, mashed
2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine (cooking rice wine)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Malt sugar (alternative: honey)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp five spice powder (ngohiong powder)
1. First, clean duck and pour boiling water over it (opens pores to absorb seasoning)
2. Rub on: fermented red tofu, garlic, put through a press or minced and mashed with a knife, Shaoxing rice wine, malt sugar, splash of rice vinegar, hoisin, five spice powder.
3. Marinate Duck overnight and keep it in the fridge without cover. Let the skin dry up.
4. To cook, heat oven to 220°C, roast 45mins on each side until duck becomes crispy and golden to reddish brown hue.
5. For the sauce: add 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce mixed with 1 tbsp sesame oil and little water.
You may also try our:
Credits: Celebrity Chef Vindy Lee
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.