This Chicken Hamonado recipe is simple and easy to make. Just marinate the chicken and its good to go for baking. You can bake it in advance, refrigerate, glaze, reheat and garnish on the actual celebration day. Less stress and hassle free!
- 1 large Whole Chicken
- 1 large can Pineapple slices, liquid reserved
- 1 cup Pineapple syrup (from can)
- 1 tbsp. powder seasoning (magic sarap, boullion cubes or salt)
- 2 tbsp. Patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp. kalamansi juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 2 stalks Tanglad (Lemon Grass)
- maraschino cherries, optional garnish
- In a large bowl, marinate the whole chicken with powder seasoning, patis, pineapple juice, kalamansi juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the chicken to absorb all the flavors.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight and place a plastic wrap over the bowl (airtight cover)
- Place lemongrass or tanglad knots inside the chicken cavity. Wrap chicken with aluminum foil and transfer into a greased baking pan and bake chicken in preheated oven at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil cover from the chicken. In a small bowl, mix the reserved pineapple syrup and brown sugar. Drizzle the glaze sauce all over the chicken.
- Add half of the pineapple slices into the chicken. Bake it for additional 25 minutes until cooked through and chicken has a nice glaze on it. Brush the chicken (use heat proof silicon brush) with extra syrup to keep it moistened in between baking.
- Once cooked, transfer on a serving platter. Garnish with pineapple slices and Cherries. You can bake it for additional 3 minutes more to give some nice cooked appearance on the pineapple and cherries garnish.