Filipino Favorite Holiday Recipes! Porkloin with pineapple in hamonado style recipe. Cook it for special occasion, party, fiesta or any big family gatherings. Simple and quick to cook and can be prepared ahead of time.
Porkloin Piña Hamonado
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 kilogram pork loin, slices
- 3 tablespoons canola Oil
- 1 can pineapple slices
- salt and pepper
- garnish basil, thyme, or parsley (your choice of fresh herbs)
1. In a bowl, marinate pork slices in pineapple, sugar and soy sauce. Cover with cling wrap and let it cool inside the fridge overnight. Remember that a hamonado recipe requires longer marination time.
2. The next day, sepaeate pork slices from marinade. Reserve the marinade sauce and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat an oil and fry the pork slices until it turns golden brown.
4. Add in the reserved marinade sauce, and some pineapple slices (reserve few slices for garnish). Cook and let it simmer until pork becomes tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve in thin slices. Enjoy!
Photo by @ShamyReyes