Do you love Max’s Restaurants Caramel Bars and wants to know how to make it? These caramel bars are Filipinos favorite dessert bars when dining in at Max’s Restaurant. They are sold for roughly 80-100 pesos per pack. I am not sure how many per pack but 1 think its around 6 pcs.
If you want to bake your own version, Caramel Bars recipe ala Max’s is a copycat from this famous restaurant in the Philippines. Don’t worry because these caramel bars is so easy to make!
You can bake a batch for family consumption or even for business! Why not start selling some and get lots of orders for the Holidays.
You can definitely add a twist to your bars by adding mango bits and choose your favorite nut toppings like pili, cashew or pistachio. Go ahead, take down your notes and lets get started. Happy baking!
Caramel Bars Recipe ala Max’s
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups condensed milk
1 ½ cups butter, softened at room temperature (not melted) or margarine
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup pili nuts or cashew nuts, mango bits chopped finely (unsalted) – you can add any toppings you like
1. Preheat oven to 350° F or 180° C.
2. Prepare your rectangular baking pan and line with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients (powdered milk and all purpose flour). Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter over medium speed until fluffy (about 5 minutes).
5. Add the egg yolks one by one and beating well after each addition. Add condensed milk.
6. Next, add the sifted flour and milk over low speed. Please remember not to overbeat the mixture to achieve a gooey bar like Max’s Caramel Bars.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle nuts on top.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden light brown. Always watch over, as soon as it turns the perfect color your wanting it to be. 9. Do a toothpick test to make sure the center is fully cooked.
10. Transfer into a wire rack and let it cool for one hour before slicing. Slice into mini bars.
Serve and enjoy! Happy baking!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: ma*********@gm***.com or message us on our Facebook Page.