This classic chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and glaze is just awesomely delish. A must try recipe. Happy baking!
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Glaze
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup butter, softened
1 ⅔ cups sugar
⅔ cup baking cocoa
1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ⅓ cups milk
1. In a bowl, whisk and cream butter, sugar until texture becomes fluffy. Add eggs, one by one, beating after each addition.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed butter mixture alternating with milk. Keep on beating until smooth after each addition.
3. Pour batter into a greased and floured pan
4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it totally cool on a wire rack about one hour before frosting.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
6 ounces cream cheese
10 tbsp butter
3 ⅓ cup of powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
¾ teaspoon milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on high until fluffy add sugar salt milk and vanilla beat slowly to incorporate the powdered sugar then beat on high speed till light and smooth
For Chocolate Glaze:
2 galaxy chocolate bar
1 pack all purpose cream (chilled)
1. Melt chocolate in a saucepan. Remove from heat let it cool. Transfer chocolate in a blender and add all purpose cream. Blend until smooth
2. Once cake is cooled, start frosting cake with cream cheese and glaze it with chocolate on top. Slice, serve and enjoy!