Chicken Guisantes or gisantes sa manok is a classic pinoy favorite. Quick, easy and healthy chicken and green peas recipe with roasted bell pepper is so yummy! Filipinos abroad loves to cook this classic ulam. Aside from the fact that ingredients are easy to find, it is definitely scrumptious! Come and let’s start cooking Chicken Guisantes.
CHICKEN GUISANTES RECIPE
- 1 kilo chicken, cut in serving sizes
- 1½ or 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (or sliced fresh tomatoes)
- 1½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 medium roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil over medium to low heat. Saute garlic and onions until soft. Add and saute chicken until it turns light brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and let boil. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the green peas. Continue stirring and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced red bell peppers. Let it cook for another 3 minutes. Season with patis, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!