This Red Thai Chicken Wing is spicy, tasty and so delicious..I can’t get over it. First time I tried when our family went out for a dinner one time at Buffalo Wild Wings.
The Red Thai Curry paste by the way is available in major supermarket and online stores. For other countries you may check your nearest asian store or online store too.
Red Thai Chicken Wings Recipe
8 pcs Chicken wings
1 ½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 tablespoon + for deep-frying, cooking oil
1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
½ cup flour (refined)
1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
1 tablespoon Red chilli sauce
1 tablespoon Fish sauce
1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
6 pcs Basil leaves (optional)
1 Spring onion greens (optional)
1. In a bowl, add chicken wings, ginger-garlic paste, salt and crushed peppercorns, combine well and marinate for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine refined flour, salt, crushed peppercorns, egg with little water to form a thick batter and stir well. Add the prepared batter to chicken and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a shallow pot for deep frying. Deep-fry chicken in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. For the sauce: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic, mix and sauté for 30 seconds. Slice spring onion bulb, add to the pan and mix well.
5. Add Thai red curry and mix well. Add little water, mix and cook for a minute. Add red chilli sauce, fish sauce and tomato ketchup and mix well. Add some water, stir and cook over lowest heat for a minute.
6. Add fried chicken to the sauce and toss to mix.
7. Add chopped basil leaves and toss to mix. Add some chopped spring onion greens (reserve for garnish). Toss and mix well.
8. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Do it your own:
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!