Do you want to cook a special dish or something that everyone will love? Say office potluck, a party, a small gathering, a football finger food or big bowl event? These are an excellent super bowl yummies! This recipe is the perfect appetizer for any date. Who doesn’t love bacon?! I tell you, these are highly requested. Even kids can help you out wrapping up some smokies. A Good appetizer for the coming New Year celebration too. Even though this is not too healthy, your foodgasm can’t await these as it cooks. An appetizer like smokies in a blanket is a sure hit while waiting for the New Year countdown. Make sure to make enough batches because everyone will keep asking for more.
Cooking tips: You can add 1 stick butter to make it buttery in flavor, others would add maple syrup with brown sugar sprinkled on top. For the healthier version you can try Hillshire Farm Turkey lil smokies and Jennie O Turkey Bacon (0% Trans Fat) Yummy, it’s mouth watering. Happy cooking!
Yield: 45 appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe
- 1 (16oz.) package small cooked smoked sausage links
- 15 slices bacon, each cut crosswise into thirds
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Prepare and line with foil a 15×10 baking pan Lightly grease with oil or use cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each sausage link with a bacon piece, overlapping the bacon piece at the end. Press the end of the bacon piece to seal or secure it with a half of a wooden toothpick.
- Place brown sugar in a large container with cover or you can use a zip lock bag. Add several bacon-wrapped sausages into container and cover. Shake the container gently to coat sausages with brown sugar. Transfer the coated sausages in prepared baking pan. (This is optional: you can add melted butter if you like and sprinkle minced garlic on top.)
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (176.66 degrees C). for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is browned. Serve immediately and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Stuffed Garlic Bread