This Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich with Swiss Cheese Recipe is perfect to any afternoon snack with family and friends. Terrific sandwich and side it with crispy French fries or onion rings. Mmmmm.. yummy! You can also check out our Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe with Sauce. Your kids will surely love this sandwich! Show more love today and make some special Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich with Swiss Cheese Recipe for the family. Happy cooking!
Your choice of spread:
- Dijonaise: ½ cup mayo + 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Mayo Sriracha sauce: 1 garlic clove, finely grated 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. Sriracha, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, salt
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich with Swiss Cheese Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, flattened
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Salt, Pepper and Slap Ya Mama® seasoning to taste
- 6 pieces Texas style bread, buttered on one side of each piece
- 6 pieces smoked ham, cooked and sliced
- 12 pieces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Add On: Mayonnaise, Slices of Tomatoes and lettuce
- Using a mallet, or meat hammer, pound boneless skinless chicken breast until flattened. It is essential so the chicken breast will cook quickly.
- In a frying pan, pour little oil over medium heat. Dip each chicken breast into milk.
- Roll each chicken breast into flour and shake off excess flour. You may use zip lock bag to shake each chicken breast.
- Then dip into milk again. Next, roll into bread crumbs to coat. Then, Add chicken to hot pan to cook. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Fry for about 8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Once done, transfer into a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- In a large pan with cover, over low heat. Place slices of bread, buttered side down. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese, 1 ham, then another slice of cheese. Add a piece of chicken breast on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Add another slice of bread on top, buttered side up. Place pan cover to melt cheese. Cook until slightly golden brown on each side.
- You can add an extra slice of tomatoes and lettuce and your choice of spread or dipping sauce. Slice, serve and enjoy!