This Japanese Kaki Fry Recipe (Deep fried Oyster) is like a golden oyster nuggets, crunchy on the outside and succulent on the inside. While others will describe it as simple as a breaded large oysters, deep fried in oil. With a final caption of “Crazy delicious!”
You can’t go wrong with Japanese! Serve it with thinly sliced cabbage and some Japanese mayo and wasabi plus some sliced fresh lemons. Oh! I’m feeling hungry now, really craving for some Japanese food now.
Japanese Kaki Fry Recipe
- 16 oysters
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko (bread crumb)
- 1/4 cup flour
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to season
- Clean oysters in salted water. Dry oysters with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over oysters.
- In 3 separate bowls, add flour on first bowl, beaten eggs on 2nd bowl, and panko bread crumbs in third bowl.
- Coat each oysters in 3 stage coating: Dip each oysters in flour first, then eggs, and final coating is panko bread crumbs. Shake off any excess coating.
- Heat plenty of oil in a sauce pan and deep fry oysters in 350 degrees F oil or until it turns golden brown. Transfer on a serving plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with thinly sliced cabbage and japanese mayonnaise with wasabi if preferred.
- Happy cooking, enjoy!