What is a Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup? It is a chocolate liquid with rich texture. It is like a melted chocolate that is not too thick nor not too thin in texture. Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup can be added in any drink to add flavor. Some people loves to drizzle it to any desserts like Ice cream, or any sweet dessert creations like Brownie ala mode. Hersheys Chocolate Syrup worldwide. But if you can’t find near your place. Don’t worry because you can easily make a homemade version or copycat recipe.
Yield: 16 oz.
Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Copycat Recipe
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Combine the cocoa powder, water, sugar and salt in a pot and heat over medium heat. Mix with a whisk or wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir constantly with a whisk or with a wooden spoon until it boils. Allow it to boil for 1-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and stir. Transfer into a container.
- Syrup will not be thick after cooking. But when you allow it to cool, it will thicken to about the same consistency as Hershey’s syrup.
- Keep the syrup in any sterilized bottle container with lid.
- Store it inside the fridge and it will last for several weeks.
- Don’t use a small sauce pot because it will expand when boiling.