You want a pancake but don’t have eggs in the pantry or you don’t like the idea of eggs at all in your food.. No worries try this try and tested Eggless Pancakes and make your own caramel sauce with sugar and water. Easy breakfast coming right up. Enjoy!
Eggless Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup All purpose flour/ plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Brown or white sugar
- 1/4 or 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- Caramel Sauce (recipe below)
- In a mixing bowl, combine and whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lightly whisk the mixture and heat an iron skillet. Once very hot, turn off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Turn on the flame again and put it in lowest flame. Grease with butter and pour one big ladle full of batter in the center slowly. Just let it be and do not spread. Wait a few seconds until bubbles pop on top of the pancakes. Flip it carefully with a flat metal spatula. Cook the other side for a 30 seconds and transfer to serving plate.
- Iron skillet (Iron dosa pan) works best to get golden brown color and even cooking. You can also cover the pan after flipping the pancake. This will make the pancake even more soft and locked in moisture.
- Avoid heating the pan over high heat, if you don’t want your pancakes to turn dark brown in color. You can just preheat the pan, and switched off for a while to bring the temperature down. If the pan is too hot, the pancakes will curl in the edge like a flower. So make sure to keep the heat at lowest.
- Use a big ladle to get a uniform size and shape pancakes.
- If you want to use whole wheat flour, you may need to experiment with the milk volume as it may take more.
- You can add cinnamon or vanilla essence to make it more flavorful.You can make this same with non dairy milk and make it vegan.
- Serve hot with generous butter on top and drizzle with honey. You can try other sauces like caramel, butterscotch or even maple syrup. It smells divine! It stays soft even after it cools.Soft, spongy, fluffy to handle, you would definitely love it!
- You can use Buttermilk instead of milk, the pancake will be white in color. Or if there is no buttermilk, just add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to the batter to make it white in color.
Servings: 6 pancakes
Caramel Sauce Recipe
(you can reduce to half size volume)
1 kg sugar
2 1/2 cup cold water.
- In a medium pot, pour 1/3 of the sugar and 1/4 cup cold water to wet the sugar completely. Then start to heat the pot and cook until sugar melts. Gently shake the pot to spread out the sugar. Cook over low heat until color turns golden brown.
- Then turn off heat and pour in 2 ¼ cups cold water and the rest of the sugar.
- Boil over medium to low heat for 25-30 minutes until the sugar is completely melted. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Pour caramel sauce into a sterilized bottle or container with cover to store. You can serve it to any pancakes, drink, or any desserts toppings like ice cream.