Sinuglaw Recipe is tuna kilawin (ceviche) with strips of grilled pork liempo (pork liempo), cucumber, onions and lots of chili pepper for a spicy kick. Sinuglaw is a visayan coined word from Sinugba or inihaw in tagalog and grilled in english. While, Kinilaw means Ceviche or raw meat soaked in vinegar. These 2 words were combined to form the word Sinuglaw.
The Visayas and Mindanao Regions loves Sinuglaw so much. It is one of the staple menu in most of the restaurants in the southern regions. While it is a favorite appetizer of beer drinkers, it gets better when there’s lots of green chilis. Majority of the locals would normally pair it with plenty of rice for lunch or dinner with matching seagrapes or seaweed salad. You just have to try this recipe because it is so delicious.
- 1 kilo pork belly (liempo), cut into 3/4-inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from 6 pieces calamansi
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 kilo fresh, good-quality tanigue or sashimi-grade tuna, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
PARA SA VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced into half-rounds or diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup native coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (adjust seasoning based on acidity of the vinegar)
- juice from 4 pieces calamansi
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of black pepper
- 2 bird’s eye chilies, chopped (optional)
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
- I-marinate ang pork sa patis, bawang, calamansi juice at paminta ng mga 10 minutes.
- I-ihaw ang pork sa uling hanggang maluto mga 5-8 minutes per side. Tadtarin na po ninyo mga 1 inch kada piraso. Itabi.
- Gawin ang vinaigrette haluin ang lahat ng sangkap nito sa isang malaki laking mangkok o bowl.
- Isalansan ang mga chunks ng isda sa isang platter o serving plate at ibabawan ng inihaw na baboy. Ibuhos ang vinaigrette sa ibabaw nito haluin at i-serve. Enjoy!