HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK RECIPE
3 tablespoon cocoa powder (prefarably Dutch-processed), plus more for serving.
3 cups whole milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate, (6oz) finely chopped
3 table spoons granulated sugar
Lightly sweetened whipped cream (for serving)
1. Bring 3/4 cup water to a simmer in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Whisk in 3 tbsp cocoa powder until no lumps remain, then add milk and return to a simmer.
3. Whisk in chocolate and sugar and cook. Whisk frequently, until mixture is smooth, creamy and chocolate is melted for about 5 minutes.
4. Divide hot chocolate among mugs. Top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
5. Your hot chocolate is ready to serve!