Molido (Sweet Potato Candy Recipe) that is common in provinces like Samar, Quezon Province, Bicol and many others. Molido or Mazapan is a favorite homemade candy back in the days when our lives were much simple compared to the lavish technology we have today. Where all kinds of imported candies can be purchase just anywhere you go. Back in the decades, our moms will cook this Molido for afternoon snack. How I miss this Molido Candy!
Molido (Sweet Potato Candy Recipe)
1/2 Kilo Sweet Potato -cook/braised & mashed
1/2 kilo Grated Coconut
1/2 kilo Brown Sugar or Muscovado Sugar
2 pcs. Pandan Leaves optional for flavoring only & additional scent
2-3 drops of Vanilla Optional also same as Pandan for flavoring & scent only
1. In a cooking pan combine all ingredients, and blend well.
2. Cook and continue stirring in low heat.
3. Stir until the mixtures turn into golden brown & caramelized. (but not toasted)
4. Place and pour it on a molding pan or plate, set aside for an hour till it hard.
5. Cut and serve. Optional you can wrap it on a colorful plastic or paper to make it nice.
Ideal for gifts and business. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe. Do you plan to try it for personal consumption or for simple business venture? Have you tried any of our recipes?Let us know! 🙂
Sarap Rasa Pinas