This Fiesta Humba recipe is a Filipino style recipe, simple and easy to cook. Yet very tasty and delicious. A special recipes that doesn’t require to much preparation but an absolute charm to any occasion.
Fiesta Humba Recipe
2 lbs pork shank
1 cup Pineapple juice (save the pineapple chunks)
1 large onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons salted black beans (optional)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
Some pineapple chunks
½ cup dried banana blossoms (optional)
2 pieces dried bay leaves
1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
1. In a large pot with enough water, peppercorns and bay leaves. Bring the pot to a boil and just let it simmer. It should take between 1-1/2 and 2 hours for the shanks to become completely tender, or pressure cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
2. After an hour, add the pineapple juice, onions and garlic and continue to simmer.
3. Once the pork is tender, season it with sugar, salted black beans, soy sauce, vinegar. Continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let the seasoning be absorb by the meat.
4. No need to add salt, since the black beans are already salty. Adjust taste as needed.
5. Lastly, add in the banana blossoms and pineapple chunks. Simmer for a few more minutes to cook. Turn off heat.
6. Garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!