This special Kalderetang Kambing is marinated and so tasty. Want to know how to cook kaldereta na kambing without the smelly after taste? What are the tried and tested of cooking kambing without the smelly meat? Read on to discover the secret recipe.
SPECIAL KALDERETANG KAMBING
2 lbs goat meat; cut in serving pieces
3 cloves garlic; minced
1 medium onion; chopped
1 potato; quartered
1 carrot; cut in slices
1 can pineapple juice (8 oz)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can liver spread (85 grams)
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 red or green bell pepper; sliced
2 teaspoons cornstarch (dissolve in 1/4 cup water)
3 pcs bay leaves
1/2 cup vinegar or more (for soaking only)
2 cups water
Salt and pepper taste
1 tablespoon green peas
2-3 pieces chili peppers
1-2 tablespoon pickles
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1. Marinate meat in vinegar, salt and pepper for at least one hour. Set aside.
2. Fry the potato and carrot for 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onion, and then add the marinated goat meat (drain vinegar marinate). Stir fry meat until color turns light brown.
4. Pour the tomato sauce and pineapple juice and simmer for 3 minutes. Pour water and stew the meat until it becomes tender over lowest heat, cover pot. This may take 1 1/2 hours or more to make meat tender.
5. Once meat is tender, add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer, stirring once in a while, until all ingredients are cooked. Balance seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Aside from marinating in vinegar:
You may also boil the Goat meat first in pandan leaves to remove the smelly meat.
Others would boil it first in Anisado wine, ginger and garlic then discard the water once tender. You may also add green olives to add a slight kick of taste instead of pickles. Garnishing with grated cheese is also good!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.