The Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks and Cheese Pizza all in one recipe! This recipe is for keeps and you can pass it on to close family members. It’s a fail-proof recipe for bread sticks and pizza dough. You will never look for any other pizza dough recipe after trying this recipe. Enjoy the recipe and happy baking!
Yield: (2) 12-inch pizza crusts; about 1 lb. of dough
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks and Cheese Pizza
- For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour (give or take 1/2 cup, depending on the heat & humidity)
- For the Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks:
- 1/2 recipe Fail-Proof Pizza Dough from above
- 2 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (use the real stuff)
- 1/4 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- (salt & pepper, if desired)
- For the pizza dough: In a large mixing bowl, ideally from your stand mixer, mix yeast and honey into warm water. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes or until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam. It means your yeast is alive and good.
- Sprinkle salt, oil and half the flour and mix. When your flour is incorporated, start adding flour little by litte until you get the pizza dough to the consistency you want. Slightly tacky, but when you touch it it doesn’t stick to your hands. When you reach this stage, knead for 6 minutes. Turn on your timer and resist the temptation to stop earlier than 6 minutes! Yup, just 6 minutes.
- The dough should be easy to work with and smooth. (This is the stage when you can store your dough in the freezer for future use!! Divide into portions, place into freezer bags, seal removing all air and freeze. To use, remove from freezer and let sit out to get to room temperature and double in size; 6-8 hours. Then use as you’d like.)
- Lightly grease your bowl, including the dough to keep it moistened. Place plastic wrap cover and let it rise 1-2 hours. You’re done. Use as desired. Sprinkle grated cheese generously on top and bake it in a preheated oven at 246° Celsius for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- For the Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks: Preheat oven to 260° Celsius with pizza stone inside. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, use an upside down cookie sheet).
- Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. Spread pizza dough out into a 12-inch circle on parchment paper. (This makes it easier to transfer to the pizza stone.)
- Spread the butter and garlic mixture over dough and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Top with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper, if desired. (That step is optional). Bake it for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy it with any pasta dish. Happy baking!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: