The classic Filipino Tortang Alimasag or Rellenong Alimasag (Stuffed Crab omellete) is so delicious with a drizzle of Lemon and a Japanese Mayonnaise dippings or Ketchup.
RELLENONG ALIMASAG RECIPE
Meat from 2 kilos crabs (steamed cooked, remove head and wash, set aside)
6 cloves crushed garlic
2 medium sized onions, chopped
2 medium sized red bell peppers, chopped
2 cups diced potatoes (fried in oil the drained)
1/2 cup chopped kintsay or cilantro
3 teaspoons iodized salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
6 eggs beaten
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In large skillet, saute garlic until light brown in color. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add in the crabmeat and stir.
3. Add the red bell peppers and cilantro, mix and let cook 5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and add the cook potatoes last. Set aside and let cool.
5. When crab meat cools, add the beaten eggs.
6. Stuff into crab heads and fry in vegetable oil with crab head in oil first, for 3 minutes.
Turn and cook meat side another 3 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Cooking Notes: For leftover meat mixture, fry into patties.
Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also want to try our new recipe:
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!