Today I am going to share a quick and easy side dish Mama’s Buttered Mixed Vegetables or Corn and Carrots Side Dish. Great side dish to any fried, roast or grilled meat or Shrimp recipes. In fact you can cook it in just 15 minutes. Its quick, easy and absolutely delicious! My family loves, the whole pan of mixed vegetables were all gone instantly just before I know it. I prepared it as a side dish for my Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe as the main dish. You’ll have to call it a “cheat day” with this combo meal with lots of rice. Happy cooking!
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Type: Side Dish
Buttered Mixed Vegetables
- 1 small broccoli florets
- 1 pack Frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed (500 grams Marby or Farmland)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 stick butter (½ cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan add 1 stick butter and let it melt. Little bubbles form as it melts down (be careful not to burn it and just use low heat.). Sautè garlic and let it brown slightly. Add chopped onions and cook until it becomes soft and fragrant. Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook until all mashed up.
- Toss and mix in 500 grams thawed mixed vegetables and chopped broccoli over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Season with garlic powder (It becomes more flavourful but its just optional if you don’t have garlic powder stock in your pantry).
- Then, adjust taste by adding salt and pepper. Add more butter to get a beautiful glaze, if its drying out. Serve hot. Share and enjoy with any of your favorite grilled or roasted chicken or shrimp recipe. Happy cooking!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Photos used for this recipe are © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. all Rights Reserved.