Cook the very best Meatballs in Honey Buffalo sauce.
These meatballs are soft inside and a bit crunchy outside. Savory, hot and spicy! So yummy-licious!
You can make this extremely hot by adding more chili sauce. If you want it not so hot because you have kids in the house, don’t worry because you can still make it buffalo style with 1-2 tbsp hot sauce. And you can easily adjust it to very spicy by adjusting the chili sauce to 1/4 cup. I know you want it very hot, so you can use Franks Hot Chili Sauce or Sriracha Sauce. This recipe is best to serve with rice or pasta.
Approximately 40 meatballs
MEATBALLS IN HONEY BUFFALO SAUCE
- For Meatballs:
- ½ kilo ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 cup milk (evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- For Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- 1 (200g) regular pack Hunts tomato Tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (+ 1 tablespoon) honey
- 2-3 tbsp pineapple mango jam (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (diluted in 4 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cups of water (1 cup= 236 ml)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (adjust to your spicy level.. this is very spicy)
- For the meatballs:
In a large bowl, add eggs and gently whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size, about the size of 1 teaspoon. Place it in tray and freeze for 10 minutes to set before frying. Deep Fry it in oil until lightly golden brown about 5-10 minutes. Drain from oil and set aside.
- For the buffalo Sauce: In a pan, add all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients and stir to combine (Add hot sauce according to your preference, I’m not so into hot and spicy food so I added very little just to add flavor.) Add meatballs and cook.
- Cover and cook on medium to low heat for 20 minutes, gently stirring until sauce is thick. Adjust salt, pepper to taste and stir in additional hot sauce and add sesame oil.
- Ready to serve and enjoy!