This recipe of Giniling na Baboy (Ground Pork With Tomato Sauce) is another easy and affordable meal you can cook for everyday ulam. Healthy, delicious and msg free. Save it to your weekly list.
Did you know.. that the real magic in our cooked food is not with the fake artificial powder you add in your recipe?
But it’s the perfect combination of well cooked meat, natural spices, herbs and add on ingredients. That is what we call a recipe.
Each recipe has a unique combo of flavor, process of cooking and measured amount of ingredients. Combine it with a passion and love for good food. And it yields you an authentic delicious meal for your family.
Happy cooking and I hope you and you’re family will enjoy this recipe!
Giniling na Baboy
500 grams ground pork or beef
5 tbsp tomato paste (or 1 pack tomato sauce)
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tbs vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion,chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 large carrot, cut into cubes
1/4 cup raisins, optional
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into cubes
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Boiled eggs, optional toppings
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
Add garlic, then onions and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add ground pork and cook till the pink is gone from the meat.
Add fish sauce and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tomato and cook about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, tomato paste and stir well.
4. Add water, carrots,potatoes, red bell pepper, green peas. and stir well.
5. Cover and allow to simmer over low heat about 10 -12 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with steamed rice. Enjoy!