Make an Egg pie from scratch today! It’s my all time favorite. It’s easy, simple and our favorite classic recipe of Egg Pie. You can even use an aluminum disposable pan if you dont have a pie pan.
Egg Pie Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes and softened
¼ cup cold water
1 cup evaporated milk
4 large eggs and another 1 large egg with white and yolk separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fresh kalamansi or lemon juice
1 can condensed milk (14oz)
For the crust:
1. Mix flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add butter and combine thoroughly with other ingredients using a mixer.
2. Slowly pour the cold water to the mixture. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Scoop out the entire dough and shape it into a large ball. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. On a working table dusted with flour, flatten the dough using a rolling pin into about ½ centimeter thick and wide enough to cover a 9″ pie pan/dish (I broke my pie dish so I just use a regular round baking pan).
5. Scatter and press the flattened dough on the baking pan or pie dish or aluminum pan. Use kitchen shears to trim the dough to about a half-inch overhang. Save the trimmings. You can use those to cover up thin areas of the crust when you’re fluting the edges.
6. Sheer the edges either with a fork or by pinching around the edge with your fingers. Store the dough in the refrigerator while making the filling.
For the filling:
1. In a microwave oven, heat the evaporated milk for 1 minute.
2. Mix and whisk the 4 eggs and the separated egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the condensed while whisking. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice, and continue whisking until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Add the evaporated milk and mix well with other ingredients.
4. Beat the egg white with electric mixer until it forms soft peaks.
5. Fold the beaten egg white into the mixture. (The beaten egg white will give the top of the egg pie a brown color after baking.)
Baking the Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the filling on the refrigerated pie crust.
2. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F then lower the heat to 325 degrees F and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the filling comes out clean.
3. Remove the egg pie from oven and allow to cool down. Serve with your favorite drink either for dessert or snack. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.