Minatamis na Saging Recipe (Caramelized Plantains Dessert) are one of my comfort food. It is a Filipino favorite afternoon snack and dessert. I love it more when the bananas are so soft and ripe with very thick brown caramelized sugar. I can remember how our house would smell like pandan when my mom cooks our favorite dessert. Although sometimes she used langka..i love pandan more than langka. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I used vanilla flavor though because I ran out of pandan extract. My husband really enjoyed it, he actually loves the vanilla flavor.
LEVEL UP YOUR MINATAMIS NA SAGING:
You may also add one of the following ingredients: nestle cream, gata or coconut cream, sago, tapioca, kamote, condensed milk, langka and or fresh pandan leaves.
MINATAMIS NA SAGING RECIPE
11 pieces ripe banana plantains (saging na saba)
3 cups brown sugar (I used 1/2 Kg brown sugar + 1/2 cup white sugar)
4 cups water
1 tablespoon pandan flavor or vanilla flavor
1. Peel ripe banana plantains or saba, and arrange carefully in a plate. Set aside.
2. In a large casserole, heat 4 cups of water.
3. Add all sugar and stir until dissolved in the liquid. Let it boil for about 20 to 30 minutes over medium heat. Stirring every once in a while to prevent scorching
4. The caramel sauce will thicken after 30 minutes or so. Once the sauce is thickened you may add your banana plantains or “saging na saba” and continue to simmer over lowest heat. Add 1 tbsp vanilla extract or pandan extract and stir well.
5. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or more until the syrup becomes very thick.
6. Turn-off heat and let it cool. Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for dropping by our website. Visit our website everyday for more new recipe updates. Happy cooking!