These Pacencia eggnog cookies are a classic favorite cookies made of egg whites. They are also known as Eggnog Cookies because off the eggnog glaze on top. Bake it today and try..
Pacencia/ Eggnog Cookies
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze: (optional)
1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons eggnog/or milk
**Make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth.
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F or 140° C.
2. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Sift all purpose flour and baking powder and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, start beating the egg whites until it starts to foam. Continue beating until stiff and a hard peak forms at the tip of the paddle mixer. In between beating the foamy egg whites, add sugar little by little and continue beating until meringue is glossy with stiff peaks.
5. Fold in all purpose flour then add the vanilla extract.
6. Use a piping bag but don’t put any icing nozzle. Scoop the frosting mixture into the bag. If you dont have any piping bag, to use wax paper shaped into a cone or a ziploc bag with the tip snipped.
7. Pipe the batter like a flat coin sized rounds about 1 1/2″ in diameter on the parchment-paper-lined cookie sheets.
8. Make sure to put space between cookies one inch apart.
9. Bake until lightly about 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Leave to cool in the baking pans
You can also put eggnog glaze on top of the cookies..
To make eggnog, you’ll need 6 large eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups whole milk, 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 to 1 1/2 cup bourbon, rum, cognac, or a mix, Freshly grated nutmeg, to serve
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.