Sayongsong is a famous Surigao kakanin! It is packed in a cone like banana leaves and it is a favorite pasalubong dessert or snack. (Binalusungsong sa dahon) Sayongsong is a delicious Surigainon delicacy and pride.
1 cup ordinary rice
1 cup purple malagkit rice/regular malagkit rice
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1/2 cup brown sugar or more according to taste
2 cups coconut milk
juice from 1 kalamansi, optional
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind together with peanuts. Set aside.
3. Mix sugar and coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Filter and mix with all the other ingredients.
5. Cook in a pan with constant stirring until the mixture becomes firm. Put kalamansi juice.
6. Cool, mold into cones and wrap in banana leaves.
7. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Shiela May Olaco
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.