Sayongsong is a famous Surigao kakanin! It is packed in a cone like banana leaves and it is a favorite pasalubong dessert or snack. (Binalusungsong sa dahon) Sayongsong is a delicious Surigainon delicacy and pride.
1 cup ordinary rice
1 cup purple malagkit rice/regular malagkit rice
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1/2 cup brown sugar or more according to taste
2 cups coconut milk
juice from 1 kalamansi, optional
violet ube flavoring
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind together with peanuts. Set aside.
3. Mix sugar and coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Filter and mix with all the other ingredients.
5. Add ube flavoring, cook in a pan with constant stirring until the mixture becomes firm. Put kalamansi juice.
6. Cool, mold into cones and wrap in banana leaves.
7. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Shiela May Olaco