Tinutungang Munggo Recipe is a sweet glutinous rice porridge with toasted mung beans and thick coconut milk sauce (monggo or munggo beans in tagalog). This is my favorite classic Filipino merienda recipe back in my childhood days, while some will call it Ginataang Munggo or Ginataang Totong.
According to comments on our Facebook post:
“In Balayan Batangas we called it Sinugno..coconut milk starchy rice with roasted munggo beans..yummy!”
In Ilocano they call it “Lilot Balatong”
Tinutungang Munggo Recipe
1/2 cup sticky rice(malagkit), washed
1/2 cup mung beans(monggo)
1 cup water
1 can coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a pan, toast monggo until roasted, toasted and brown.
2. Crushed the monggo using dikdikan (mortar and pestel), or a rolling pin or a bottle. Set aside.
3. In a casserole mix the rice, roasted munggo, water and coconut milk.
4. Cook in a low heat until the coconut milk is almost absorbed and the glutinous rice is cooked. Stir occasionally.
5. Add sugar, and vanilla extract and stir well. Remove from heat.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.