You just gotta try this combo of kakanin. Ube lovers, rejoice because this recipe is so delicious! No need for a lot of explanation. Just imagine cassava and ube in one dessert with latik toppings. I promise this will not take a long stand on your table.
Ube Cassava Sinukmani
1 (500 grams) bag frozen grated cassava (thawed), about 2 cups
1 (500 grams) bag frozen grated Ube (thawed), about 2 cups
1 large can coconut milk
1 large can condensed milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1-2 tsp Ube food coloring (optional)
Suggested Additional ingredients:
1. Set oven to 160°C (325°F). Combine all ingredients and transfer it in heat-proof glass/square mould/aluminum pan.
2. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. Until slightly brown on the edges. To know if it’s cooked, test with pick on the center, if it comes out clean. Serve and topped it with latik. Enjoy!
How to make latik:
1 can Coconut Milk (400ml) or
2 cups of fresh shredded mature Coconut
2 cups warm water
1. Mix the grated coconut with the warm water in a large bowl.
2. Scoop the coconut into a sheet of cheesecloth and squeeze over the bowl to express as much coconut juice as possible then strain into a pan. Discard the coconut.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil and cook until the mixture is dry, about 15 minutes
4. When the texture turns gelatinous, lower the heat and continue stirring.
5. It will curdle as it dries, continue stirring until brownish residues are formed which are called ‘latik.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.