Baked Tahong (Mussels) are an ideal recipe to any occasion, be it a fiesta, birthday, baptismal, or wedding. Aside from being affordable, tahong are so tempting and delicious with lots of garlic, butter and cheese. Yummm…
Don’t worry though if oven is not available, of course you can use a pan, or toaster, or grill.. Fantastic!
Just a mild warning though to eat and chew it properly and eat in moderate comsumption so your stomach can properly digest it. These Baked Tahong (Mussels) are the best appetizers specially for drinkers.
Cheesy Garlic Baked Tahong
1 lb mussels, boiled and split the two shells
6-8 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup butter, softened
grated cheese (use quickmelt, Quezo brand will not melt, so its not advisable)
extra toasted garlic or fresh herbs, garnish
1. Wash and clean the mussels thoroughly and make sure to remove the remaining dirts in running water.
2. Boil the mussels until the shells starts to open. Drain it well and split the shells. (Discard shells that didnt open)
3. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (or 350°F). If there is no oven, you may also use a pan with cover, or oven toaster, or grill it if you like.
4. Combine butter and garlic.
5. Arrange mussels in tray covered with foil.
Spread with butter & garlic mix.
6. Top with grated cheese.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until top is slightly brown.
8. Serve it while hot with toasted garlic on top. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.