These Pinoy Cheese Bread Rolls are my favorite classic merienda (snack). Try it and you’ll crave for more! Pinoy Cheese bread rolls are cheesy and sweet. Great for any afternoon snacks or merienda feels! Your picky eater will surely love these. So yummy-licious and fresh from the hot oven. Hope you enjoy it!
Pinoy Cheese Bread Rolls
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup lukewarm water
3 eggs and 2 egg yolks
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup oil
4 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt
1. Dissolved yeast, sugar and water. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes, until you see bubbles or “scum” forming on surface of mixture.
Note: please remember that the water should be warm enough. Or else, your dough will not rise properly. Warm is when the you can’t dip your finger in it, but not hot enough to burn your skin.
2. Gently, whisk eggs, yolks, water and oil. And pour this to the yeast mixture.
3. Add together the remaining ingredients. Make a well in the center, then pour in the liquids. Blend well and knead until smooth and satin like texture.
4. Let the dough rise in room temperature until double in bulk (approximately 1 1/2 hours.) Then punch it down in the center to realese air.
5. Divide the dough into 40 pieces (25 grams each).
6. Flatten each piece by rolling it out with a rolling pin then spread with soft butter.
7. Place a slice of cheese stick (1/2 inch wide) on the center and fold each end over, like rolling lumpia. Pinch the ends together to seal.
8. Arrange on a well-greassed cookie sheet and let rise until double in bulk.
9. Brush with milk. Bake at 325oF for 15 minutes.
10. Once cooked, remove from oven and transfer into a wire rack. Brush it with margarine on top and roll in sugar.
Oh so yummy Pinoy Cheese Bread Rolls! 💗
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest.
Do you have any questions about the ingredients? Like a substitute ingredients or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Have a wonderful day!
DJV International Co.LTD