Ube Pao Recipe for all ube lovers out there (purple yam). Ube is a favorite Filipino dessert. That’s why no wonder you find these dessert variance in any Filipino goodies. The international scene have already notice a craze for this colorful purple dessert, like The Insiders post – The hottest new food on Instagram is… a root vegetable
Everybody loves purple yam desserts not just because it looks so good on photos but because it taste absolutely delicious in any dessert you can think of. One of my favorite too! For the Ube Filling, you can skip the filling if you want to buy the ready made Ube Jam in store to save you more time in making Ube Siopao or Ube Pao. You can also try Chowking’s Chocolate Pao. Same procedure and just change the filling and the flavour.
Ube Pao Recipe
2 cups (16 oz.) mashed ube
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup softened butter (room temp)
In a heavy skillet mix everything and stir until thick. Cook in medium heat, continue stirring, Transfer in a greased pan and set aside to cool.
1-1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
– Mix all ingredients in a bowl until frothy set aside.
4-1/2 cup all purpose flour (APF)
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp baking powder
Drops of Purple yam food color
24pcs – 2×2 white paper or use a small coffee filter
1. Sift all dry ingredients, make a well in the center and mix the mixture 1 to the dry ingredients, knead in a floured surface until smooth.
2. Place into a greased bowl and cover with a clean damp cloth and let it rise for an hour. Punch the risen dough in the middle and form into a log, cut into 24 pieces.
3. Flatten each dough and place a tablespoon or more of the cooled ube filling, gather all the edges and seal by twisting, turn it upside down into a 2×2 paper and let it rise again for 30 minutes or more. Steam for 15-20 minutes over low heat.
4. Make sure cover the lid with a clean kitchen towel to prevent soggy siopao. Enjoy!
5. This siopao could be stored in the freezer for 2 months.
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.