Are you thinking of starting a small jam business? You got to try this super delicious jam made from banana and chocolate. You may use dark chocolate or any chocolate chips too. Lusciously sweet and decadent!
Banana Choco Jam Recipe
- 5-7 large bananas (about 800g)
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips or 100g (use 70+ cocoa solids – coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon amaretto*, about 40ml (alternatively use vanilla flavor or your favorite flavor)
- 200ml water (room temperature)
- 2 ⅛ cups, or 420g sugar
*Amaretto is a sweet, almond-flavored liqueur. You may substitute any flavor like vanilla instead.
- Sterilized Jars: Place your jam jars in a pre-heated oven (130°C for 15 minutes to sterilize the jars). Also, make sure you have weighed all your ingredients and your equipment and utensils are clean and ready.
- Slice the banana in thin slices, about 1 millimeter thickness. Then place the slice bananas in a large pot, pour water and sugar. Mix well over medium heat, mix continuously and let the mixture come to a full rolling boil (a rolling boil is when the bubbles do not stop when you stir it).
- When the mixture is boiling, remove any excessive scum, stir it continuously.
- Continue with a rolling boil for additional 2 minutes, keep stirring until it becomes clearer and brighter.
- Next, add in the chocolate and melt, stir well until it comes back to a boil. When the chocolate has melted. Quickly turn off stove and remove pot from the heat, add and mix in the amaretto.
- Carefully scoop mixture with a large ladle and pour in the hot jam into prepared sterilized jars. Leave a gap of at least 1-2cm from the top.
- The chocolate and banana jam will last up to 3 months inside the fridge. Once opened, store in fridge and best consumed within 1 week.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Credits – Master Preserver, Clippy