Bulanglang na Isda (Sinigang sa Bayabas) is a milkfish stewed in mashed fresh sour guavas with some fresh water spinach and chili peppers. This soup is one of the classic favorite soup of any Filipino. Everybody just love this hot sour soup.
Bulanglang na Isda
(Sinigang sa Bayabas)
2 cups water (rice wash or gumamit ng pinaghugasan ng bigas)
500 grams guava, peeled
3 small gabi/Taro (peeled and sliced)
1 medium Milk Fish (Bangus)
1pc. Long green chilli pepper (siling haba)
20 grams water spinach (kangkong)
pinch of sugar (asukal)
Pinch of salt/asin
Preparation for Guava/Bayabas:
1. Boil peeled guavas in a pot.
2. Mash it using a strainer to get the juice.
3. Set it aside.
1. In a cooking pot, boil 2 cups of rice wash left over or water.
2. Once boiling, add in the guava extract. (extracted from mashing the guava)
3. Add sliced taro/gabi.
4. Add milkfish/bangus. Let ir boil amd simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Then, add the long green chili pepper and water spinach.
6. Season with salt and a pinch of sugar to taste.
Serve it hot. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.