Crispy Fried Tawilis recipe is a must try dish if ever you visit Tagaytay. Did you know that Tawilis fish can only be found in the Philippines according to Wikipedia “Sardinella tawilis (the freshwater sardinella, freshwater herring, or bombon sardine), is a freshwater sardine found exclusively in the Philippines. It is the only member of the genus Sardinella known to exist entirely in fresh water.” So if you happen to have some fresh tawilis, this is the recipe that you can try to cook. Quick and easy!
Crispy Fried Tawilis Recipe of Tagaytay
- 1 kilogram tawilis
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- oil for deep frying
For the dip:
- chopped onions
- chopped garlic
- red chili pepper (optional)
- In a bowl, mix water, flour, and cornstarch until a smooth batter is achieved. Mix well. Set aside.
- Season tawilis with salt and pepper then dredge into the batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Place fried tawilis on a platter covered with tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Transfer to serving plate with homemade atchara on the side and spiced vinegar dipping. Wow…yummy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: