Skip to content
Classic Lutong Bahay – Sarciadong Isda na Galunggong! Yummy Filipino Fish recipe with Egg and Tomatoes. Simply delicious and healthy!
Sarciadong Galunggong Recipe
- 6-8 pieces medium-sized galunggong, cleaned
- 4 eggs, beaten until bubbly
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium-sized onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- fish sauce, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion(optional)
- Prepare Galunggong: Cut a side slit on each sides of galunggong and fill it with salt and also sprinkle salt all over the fish.
- Heat a pan and pour in cooking oil over medium to low heat. Start frying fish until crispy and light brown. Drain oil and set aside.
- Prepare sauce: In another pan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and tomatoes until soft.
- Pour water, add spring onion, fish sauce and ground pepper. Let it boil.
- Pour beaten eggs, when the eggs starts to curdle. Stir the sauce.
- Add fried galunggong and simmer for minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with remaining spring onion. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Sweet and Sour Lapu Lapu