You can never go wrong with a Bang Bang Shrimp! Definitely one of my seafood favorite appetizer. These shrimp are fried and toss in creamy mayonnaise with a kick of spiciness.
It’s tasty and delicious! Bang bang shrimp recipe is also a famous dish serve at Bonefish Grill seafood restaurant in the US.
But you can easily make your own version as delicious as the one served in restaurants. You may never need to go outside just to have these..so yummy!
Happy cooking and enjoy!
Bang Bang Shrimp
1/2 kilogram medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the sauce:
½ cup mayonnaise
4-5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, such as Sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
For the egg mixture:
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
For the breading mixture:
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried basil
8 to 12 cups vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, add and mix all ingredients for the sauce. Place cover and set aside.
2. In another bowl, stir beaten egg with milk in and set aside.
3. Combine flour, panko, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil in another medium bowl; set aside.
4. One by one dredge the shrimp by first coating each with the breading mixture. Dip each shrimp into the egg and milk mixture, and then dredge it back in the breading.
5. Arrange the coated shrimp on a plate and chill them into the freezer for at least 10 minutes. This step will help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they are frying.
6. Heat oil in deep pot to 350°F/176°C. Use enough oil to deep fry shrimp. Adjust heat to low once it reach the required temperature.
When oil is hot, fry shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
7. When all shrimp has been fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon about ¼ cup of sauce over shrimp and stir gently to coat.
8. Serve in a platter line with fresh leafy vegetables, like lettuce or shredded cabbage and sprinkle with minced spring onions.