Quick and easy way to cook a biko is to bake it. Glutinous rice dessert smothered in Latik sauce! Try baking your own biko today using an oven.
BAKED BIKO WITH LATIK SAUCE
6 cups glutinous rice
3 cups water
2 cans coconut milk
1- 1/2 cups brown sugar (adjust sweetness)
1 tsp salt
1. In a rice cooker, cook the glutinous rice with water. Rice must be undercooked.
2. Pour the glutinous rice in a 9×13 baking dish.
TO MAKE THE LATIK SAUCE:
1. In a saucepan add the coconut milk, sugar and salt.
2. Bring to a boil until mixture is dark brown and very thick.
3. Pour sauce on top of the rice and spread it out evenly.
4. Bake at 350°F (176° C) for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and transfer into a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.