This honey roasted chicken is sweet and tasty! Classic recipe that everyone loves. When you can’t think of a recipe to cook. Go ahead and make the tried and tested classic recipe. You can never go wrong with Honey Roasted Chicken! And you may try it too with any other part of the chicken aside from Whole Roasted Chicken. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Honey Roasted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 4-pound roasting chicken, rinsed, dried and giblets removed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C. Prepare the rack position to the center of the oven. Fit a roasting pan with a V-rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, olive oil, cinnamon, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices to infuse more flavor and aroma.
- Transfer the chicken in the roasting pan. Rub the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. With a twine, tie the drumsticks together. Generously brush the chicken with about half of the honey glaze. Set aside the remaining half for later or mid way brushing to prevent drying up.
- Place the chicken to the preheated oven. Roast for about 30 minutes. Brush the chicken with honey glaze in between roasting. Continue to roast the chicken until the skin turns golden brown. The thermomerer should reach 165°F or 75°C when inserted in the thickest part of the thighs, about 45 minutes longer.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Serve with your favorite homemade Jolibee gravy recipe.