Skip to content
Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa with Crunchy Dilis
- 1 lb squash (kalabasa), sliced into cubes
- 8 pieces string beans (sitaw), cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¾ cup dilis, fried
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 2½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the garlic and onion. Once the onion starts to get soft, add the fried Dilis.
- Add the Kalabasa (squash). Continue to stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Pour-in coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Stir in the string beans. Cook for about 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add fish sauce and ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: