This Melt in Your Mouth Cinnamon Rolls doesn’t have a yeast, its absolutely delicious, you will never stop baking these..
If you want to make these rolls more soft and long lasting you may add the Chinese secret bread ingredients to this recipe Tangzhong ingredient. It it proven and tested to make any bread so soft.
Melt in Your Mouth Cinnamon Rolls
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cold butter
7 to 8 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in milk, a tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 7-in. square.
- Spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jellyroll style. Cut into six even slices.
- Place cut side up in greased pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 rolls. (you can double the recipe for as many as you want to make)
CINNAMON ROLLS ICING:
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoon half-and-half cream or any cream (adjust cream if necessary)
1 dash salt, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together sugar and enough cream to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Add extract flavor of your choice and salt
- Spread over warm still warm cinnamon rolls.
- This also makes a nice icing for quick breads like banana bread or zucchini bread.