Anchovies fish wrapped in banana leaves and stewed in vinegar. Also good for Holy week menu recipe.
PINAIS NA DULONG OR DILIS RECIPE
- 1/2 kilogram of fresh anchovies
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- banana leaves cut into pieces of 8 by 12 cm
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the anchovies with the ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Wrap about 5 tablespoons of the seasoned fish in each rectangle of banana leaf.
- Tie crosswise and lengthwise with string or leftover strips of banana leaves.
- Arrange in a pan and add the vinegar and water.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the fish is done. You can choose to have the marinade evaporate by leaving the pan uncovered.