PINAIS NA DULONG (DILIS)
Anchovies fish wrapped in banana leaves and stewed in vinegar. Also good for Holy week menu recipe.
1/2 kilogram of fresh anchovies
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup water
2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
banana leaves cut into pieces of 8 by 12 cm
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the anchovies with the ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Wrap about 5 tablespoons of the seasoned fish in each rectangle of banana leaf.
3. Tie crosswise and lengthwise with string or leftover strips of banana leaves.
4. Arrange in a pan and add the vinegar and water.
5. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the fish is done. You can choose to have the marinade evaporate by leaving the pan uncovered.
Panlasang pinoy meat recipes
Photo by: @jrroyol