Make it today, Sans Rival Round Cake or make some in tubs for business! It’s a classic favorite…you’ll get tons of orders for sure this holiday season. You will need an electric hand mixer for this recipe to make a stiff meringue and you can purchase the thinly sliced almond nuts in Shopee, Lazada or any baking stores near you.
For the frosting or decoration, you will need a piping bag and a star tip. But if not available you can just flatten the frosting in smooth finish.
SANS RIVAL CAKE
10 egg whites
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
½ cup sliced almonds (or any nuts), finely chopped or grounded
1 tsp. vanilla
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup butter
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almond nuts, for toppings
1. Prepare your 3 pans and line it with baking paper, grease and flour each pan (8×1 inches) round pans.
2. To make the Meringue:
In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks formed. Add cream of tartar and beat, add the sugar in batches while constantly beating.
3. Keep on beating until egg whites becomes very stiff. Add in vanilla extract, nuts and gently fold it in using a spatula. (Do not mix but just fold, so as not to deflate your fluffy beaten egg whites.
4. Pour it in each pan for equal amount and spread evenly. Bake at 170°C (or 300°F) for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside to slightly cool just enough to touch it. Once you’re able to touch it, quickly loosen the baking paper. Peel the paper while still warm and place it in a flat surface. Set aside.
6. To Make the Frosting:
Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks until thick in a large bowl. Set aside
7. Using a hand mixer cream the butter and add the vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
8. In a pot, boil sugar and water until it becomes really thick (the syrup is forming a thin thread look) as you pour it using a spoon.
9. Position the bowl of your egg mixture over another bowl of cold water. Then, pour hot syrup into the egg yolks in thin streams while beating (this is to make sure the egg yolk doesn’t curdle).
10. Whisk it quickly to combine it well and let the egg mixture cool down. Combine the egg mixture into the butter and stir it well. Add and strain the fine nuts and reserve the remaining for the toppings. Set aside.
11. To make the cake:
Gently transfer the meringue on cake tray. Spread a thin frosting on top. Sprinkle with a few nuts (reserve nuts for other layer and toppings). Do the same for the second and third layer of meringue.
12. Use the remaining frosting to frost all over the meringue. You can also use piping bag and a star tip to decorate the edge.
13. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top and coat all sides evenly.
14. Refrigerate overnight to chill. This will help make your cake firm and stable.
Slice, serve and enjoy your Sans rival cake!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.