Cheesy Potato Balls
Kids picky eater favorite! You can add cheese cubes or any filling in the center if you like to make it stuffed Potato Balls. Happy cooking and enjoy!
½ kg potatoes (irish potatoess or any regular potatoes)
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup chopped onions
¼ cup minced meat
vegetable oil (enough for frying)
1) Boil potatoes till tender. Mash.
2) Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
3) Stir in the egg, onions and minced meat.
4) Shape into balls, insert cheese cubes in the center and roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes or freeze 5 minutes to set.
5) In a deep pot or frying pan, add vegetable oil.
6) Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm.