These cheesy potato balls are crunchy and soft in the inside. It’s a picky eater favorite and kids love these! You can add cheese cubes or any fillings like bacon strips or even ham. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Cheesy Potato Balls (Croquettes)
½ kg potatoes (irish potatoess or any regular potatoes)
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup chopped onions
¼ cup minced meat
vegetable oil (enough for frying)
1) Boil potatoes till tender about 20-30 minutes. Then mash it until no more lumps. You can use a potato ricer (best to use) or potato masher metal to mash your potatoes or a large fork to mash it manually.
2) Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
3) Stir in the egg, onions and minced meat.
4) Shape into balls, insert cheese cubes in the center and roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes or freeze 5 minutes to set.
5) In a deep pot or frying pan, add vegetable oil.
6) Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dippings (sour cream, gravy or cheese sauce).
Serve and enjoy!