Beef Pares is an all time Filipino favorite street food matched with Garlic rice plus sabaw or broth on the side. But from now on there is no need to go outside, because you can cook a better version of it.
How to Cook Beef Pares
1/2 Kilograms beef brisket sliced into 1/2 inch thick
4 cups water
1/2 pc onion, chopped
1 pc star anise
1 tsp salt
1 tbs cooking oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/3 cup light soy sauce
2 tbs sugar
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups beef broth
2 tbs cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Spring Onions (garnish)
1. Place beef, chopped onion, star anise and water in a saucepot. Cover and let the mixture simmer until the beef is very tender, about 2 hours. Add more water during this process if liquid dries up or if you like the dish to have more sauce.
2. Separate beef cubes from the broth. Set aside the beef broth. In a saucepan, heat the cooking oil and sauté garlic until light brown. Add chopped onion and sauté until onion are transparent in color. Add cooked beef cubes. Combine well with onion and garlic.
3. Add soy sauce, beef broth and season with ground black pepper and a dash of salt. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Disperse cornstarch in water and slowly add to beef mixture, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
5. Serve hot with steamed or fried rice. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.