Do you want a healthy snack, say no to fast food junk food. If you love fries this is a healthy alternative and delicious too! Crispy Camote or Kamote fries in the house. Serve it with a sprinkle of paprika, or barbeque powder, or just salt and pepper. Then serve it with any favorite cheese sauce, mayonaise, ketchup, sour cream dippings and fried bacon bits. Oh its perfectly yummy!
1/2 kg Kamote, peeled and cut into 1 inch strips (Sweet Potato)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
water just enough to make a thin batter
Oil for deep frying
1. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix together then slowly add water.
2. Mix until batter mixture is thin and smooth.
Heat oil in pan.
3. Dip the Kamote strips into the batter mixture.
4. Fry the kamote for about 5-8 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. Drain excess oil using paper towels. Sprinkle salt.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Mat Reding
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.