Yes this fluffy and moist banana cake doesn’t require baking soda. It is so fluffy and moist when cooked. So delicious..many people have tried it and they are so happy because it came out perfectly! You can add raisins and walnuts too if you like.Happy baking and enjoy!
Fluffy and Moist Banana Cake
½ cup (125 grams) butter
¾ cup caster sugar (or regular sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 bananas mashed (ripe or over ripe)
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
¼ cup milk (any milk, evap or fresh milk)
To substitute self-rising flour: 1 ½ cups all purpose flour 2 ¼ tsp baking powder ⅜ tsp salt Whisk it together well and sift, then measure normally.
1. In a saucepan, heat butter to melt, add sugar and vanilla. Stir well to combine and remove from heat.
2. Add mashed bananas and stir through until just blended.
3. Add egg and combine well. Add in flour, pour milk and fold to combine. Transfer into greased and lined (parchment paper) pan. Cover top with foil, to prevent toasting on top.
4. Bake at 170°C for about 40 minutes. **Please note baking time may vary per each oven and including the size of your baking pan. Please watch over and check it from time to time as it bakes. You may need to switch the baking pan from lower portion to the upper section of oven to prevent it from toasting too much at the bottom.
5. Insert toothpick in the center to check if its done. Once done, remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy. Happy baking!